**The posts I write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.**
As you probably know, Thanksgiving weekend is the busiest travel time of the year. An estimated 46.3 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more from home, with 41.3 million of them doing so by car. This is the largest number of drivers hitting the road for Thanksgiving since 2007, with lower fuel prices enticing people to take their cars.
I wanted to introduce you to HONK, a just launched on-demand roadside assistance app. HONK compiled a list of the 7 must-have apps for drivers this holiday season:
- “What’s that noise?”: Don’t get stuck on the side of the road, HONK is the ‘uber for tow trucks’ getting you the fastest help nationwide so you can be on your way.
- “I need to pee”: SitorSquat lets you search for the best public restrooms from a database of 100k+ options.
- “Can we get outside for a sec?”: USA Rest Stops shows you the nearest rest stops in case you need to stretch your legs or take a quick nap while on the road.
- “We’re running low on gas”: No more burning fuel searching for the best prices, the Gas Buddy app finds cheap gas near you so you can use that money for Black Friday shopping.
- “You don’t know where it is, do you?”: Don’t miss the annual football game or your uncle’s family updates – arrive on time with real-time traffic and road info from Waze.
- “I’m craving something sweet”: Get the TripAdvisor Offline City Guides app to find things like the best hot chocolate spot even when you don’t have a data connection.
- “Is this really your music collection?”: Create a great holiday playlist on Pandora for car sing-alongs (tip: try Thanksgiving Day Radio).
Where are you traveling for Thanksgiving?
**Franticmommy was not compensated for this post in any way.Follow Me on Social Media!