Summer is almost upon us and our kids are squirming with anticipation at the thought of summer and freedom.
I predict that will last roughly two weeks, then the whining, boredom and bickering will set in. 🙁
BUT, as always, the FranticCrew will be engaging in our annual No Bummer Summer Quest. This quest involves finding new adventures, crafts and activities (preferably ones that involve the out-of-doors) to help temper the long days of summer.
This summer, we are trying something new. We are trying a creative, affordable alternative to pricey summer camp, this 8-week eCurriculum called At-Home Summer Nature Camp eCurriculum.
This eCurriculum is packed with ideas and inspiration to keep your kids engaged and happy all summer long. In one easy-to-follow PDF, parents will receive eight kid-approved themes, each including ideas and tutorials for: outdoor activities, indoor projects, arts & crafts, recipes, field trips, books & media, and more. Every weekly theme is packed with summer nature fun our family can have right in our own backyard!
Themes include: An Edible Garden, The Night Sky, At the Beach, A Spot in the Shade, Ponds & Frogs, Rain Rain, Wildflowers & Bees, and Sun Fun.
Want a sneak peak of what’s inside? First, let me tell you that every week includes guest contributions from some really incredible, creative mamas. Here’s a sampling of their projects:
- A DIY Telescope by Sarah at Imagine Childhood
- Homemade Honey Ice Cream by Ashley at Small Measure
- Raindrop Watercolor Painting by Kara at Simple Kids
- Book & Media Suggestions hand-selected for every theme by Valarie at Jump Into a Book
- Make a Solar Oven by Amy at Mama Scout
- Plant a Pizza Garden by Suz at Slow Family Online
- Pitch a Backyard Tent by Heather at Shivaya Naturals
- Take a Puddle Walk by Debi at Go Explore Nature
- Go on a Farmer’s Market Scavenger Hunt by Shawn at Awesomely Awake
- Kid-Tested Herb & Yogurt Veggie Dip Recipe by Leah at Skill It
- A City Bus Tour Field Trip by Erin at Exhale. Return to Center
- Stock a Nature Study & Play Bag by Gina at Connecting Family & Seoul
- Small World Beach Play by Kat at Creative Playhouse
Of course, there are plenty of A Natural Nester projects & ideas too, including: At-the-Beach Touch Tanks, Rainy-Day Cheesy Croutons & Tomato Soup Recipes, Build a Bee Condo, Blast Off to Outer Space (A Virtual Field Trip), and much more!
And to tie it all together, I’m including two all-summer-long bonus projects: Keep a Nature Journal and Create a Curio Cabinet to help your little naturalists learn to observe, collect, and record the objects and events of their natural world.
It’s going to be loads of fun, and a resource you can use for years to come. And the best part…it’s really affordable. Pay only $39.99 for all 8 weeks – that’s just under $5 a week folks! So, now you know why I’m jumping out of my skin to share this new project with you…