**The posts I write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.**
February is Goddess Month.
Before you start Googling like mad (because you’ve never heard of such a thing) just know that this isn’t a mainstream/well-known holiday. In fact, it didn’t exist until one of my besties and I decided a few years ago that our New Year technically didn’t begin in February anyway because January is such a blur due to Multicultural Children’s Book Day. In a nutshell, Goddess Month is a chance to put our self-care first while also celebrating the Inner Goddess that lives in all of us.
Goddess Month is all about us. It’s about acknowledging what amazing women can achieve when surrounded by other Wise Women.
My “2022 celebrate Goddess Month” list includes:
- Get a massage. Twice a month sounds pretty awesome.
- Walk every day or so some form of exercise. I need to move my arse more and that includes stretching.
- Indulge in nature more. I love being outside and my brain likes it too.
- Invest in some really, really good bras. No seriously. I think I still own the ones from when my youngest was born (she’s 16).
- Work on my Word(s) of the Year which is Gentle Prosperity. I firmly believe that abundance and prosperity surrounds me without having to work 60 hours a week and “grind” in business seven days a week.
- Work on things that solidify my upcoming independence like finding a new accountant for my business. This may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but surrounding myself with a person who will help me understand numbers and taxes will be a load off my mind in 2022.
- Work one extra hour a day on my eBay Store. The success of my eBay venture in 2021 took me by surprise so I am leveling up in 2022. And DAMN, it’s FUN!
The bottom line is that it is absolutely OK to put yourself first (this month, or any month). Buy yourself the shoes, plan the trip, kiss the boy (or girl), learn the new skill, sleep in an extra hour every day, indulge in a “no pants day.” Your hopes, dreams, and goals deserve to be nurtured, cultivated, and recognized. Even little steps forward towards honoring yourself is a big deal.
What will you do for YOU this month?