Ever have one of those evenings when you are just OVER.IT?
Your body is tired. Your feet are tired. Heck even your hair is tired.
It’s one of those 2Tire 2Cook 2Night..nights. Here’s a quickie recipe to get supper on the table and a load off your feet:
Mini Egg/Bacon Casserole from ThisGalCooks
- 5 eggs
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and shredded (rinse, drain and pat dry after shredding)
- 1/3 C chopped onion
- 2 oz diced green chilis
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped
- 2.5oz diced bacon (I used real bacon pieces, can be found in salad dressing isle)
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 C milk
- 2 tbsp flour, sifted
- 2 tsp olive oil
1. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with Crisco
2. Toss the shredded potatoes with the seasoned salt and press into the muffin cups to line the bottom and sides of the cups. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes in order to remove any excess moisture.
3. Saute the onion and bacon in the olive oil until tender.
4. Whisk together the egg, flour and milk. Add the chipotle pepper, diced chilis, cheese and pepper. Mix well. Stir in the bacon and onion.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups. I suggest using a spoon to aid with pouring so you don’t end up with too much liquids in some cups but too much solids in the remaining cups.
6. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the casseroles comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.