**The posts I write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.**
It’s almost time! Multicultural Children’s Book Day and the crazy-fun Twitter Party related to the event (on 1/27/17) is sneaking up super fast!
These last 90 days have been a whirlwind of preparing, book reading and matching amazing diverse kids’ books to reviewers for the event (there are a couple of reviewer spots left-sign up QUICK if you want a free book to review for the event!). Below is the results of massive support, wonderful authors and publishers and lots of hours of hard (but fun) work.
First, some basic details:
MCBD Sponsorship has officially closed so we are ready to share the final line-up along with a few “FAQ’s”
- MCBD is a non-profit that is in its fourth year
- Our official hashtag is #ReadYourWorld.
- MCBD was created by Valarie Budayr from Jump Into A Book and Mia Wenjen from PragmaticMom
- The Big Giant Linky: The much anticipated review linky will not be live until the morning of 1/27/17 and will be located here on the MCBD site and also on all CoHosts’ sites. This link-up is a compilation of 400+ books multicultural book reviews and activities that will create a robust online resource for parents, grandparents, educators, caregivers and librarians. A separate Linky will be available for those reviewing on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- MCBD offers many FREE resources for those looking for information on diverse books for young readers including our Classroom Kindness Kit and our Diversity Book Lists & Activities for Teachers and Parents.
- Our 17 CoHosts are made up of powerhouse moms, bloggers, writers and reading advocates. Our CoHosts are:
A Crafty Arab, All Done Monkey, Books My Kids Read, Crafty Moms Share, Colours of Us, Educators Spin on it, Franticmommy, Growing Book by Book, Imagination Soup, Kid World Citizen, Mama Smiles, Multicultural Kid Blogs, Randomly Reading, Spanish Playground, The Jenny Evolution,The Logonauts and Youth Literature Reviews
Multicultural Children’s Book Day‘s mission is to raise awareness of the ongoing need to include kids’ books that celebrate diversity in home and school bookshelves while also working diligently to get more of these types of books into the hands of young readers, parents and educators.
Despite census data that shows 37% of the US population consists of people of color, only 10% of children’s books published have diversity content. Using the Multicultural Children’s Book Day holiday, the MCBD Team is on a mission to change all of that.
Author Sponsor include: Karen Leggett Abouraya, Veronica Appleton, Susan Bernardo, Kathleen Burkinshaw, Delores Connors, Maria Dismondy, D.G. Driver, Geoff Griffin, Savannah Hendricks, Stephen Hodges, Carmen Bernier-Grand,Vahid Imani, Gwen Jackson, Hena, Kahn, David Kelly, Mariana Llanos, Natasha Moulton-Levy, Teddy O’Malley, Stacy McAnulty, Cerece Murphy, Miranda Paul, Ammi-Joan Paquette, Annette Pimentel, Greg Ransom, Sandra Richards, Elsa Takaoka, Graciela Tiscareño-Sato, Sarah Stevenson, Monica Mathis-Stowe SmartChoiceNation, Andrea Y. Wang
Hashtag: Don’t forget to connect with is on social media and be sure and look for/use their official hashtag #ReadYourWorld.
Connect With Us!
– Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MulticulturalChildrensBookDay
– Twitter https://twitter.com/MCChildsBookDay
-Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/259709034187671/705922666232970/?notif_t=like¬if_id=1482756047814857
Be sure and grab your Free Kindness Classroom Kit for Homeschoolers, Organizations, Librarians and Educators!
Visit the MCBD Blog and discover all sorts of diverse booklists and giveaways during the CBC’s Book Jam January!
Sign up – Find out about all of MCCBD’s author visits, event news and book giveaways!