**The posts I write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.**
By now you may be on to the fact that myself and Thaleia from Something2Offer are eye-ball deep into our quest to help our readers soften the financial blow of the holiday season. In case you’ve missed the first 4 installment of A Little Jingle in Your Pocket This Holiday Season, check out these two post from Franticmommy with links to Thaleia’s offerings/ideas as well:
Week 1 Easy Ways to EARN Your Christmas Money from Thaleia at Something2Offer
Week 2 Using Fiverr to Generate Christmas Cash from Becky at Franticmommy
Week 2 Save Money on Educational Christmas Gifts from Thaleia at Something2Offer
Week 3 Why Planning is the Key to a Successful Budget Christmas from Becky
Week 3 Clearance Items for Your Christmas Gifts from Thaleia
Week 4 Erasing Debt via Crowdsource (guest post by Allie) from Becky
Week 4 Posted a review for Zoomer Zuppies from Thaleia
Week 5 Using Link Vehicle to Make Extra Money from Becky
Week 5 Easy Christmas Gifts Adults Can Make from Thaleia
Week 6 Creative Ways to Earn an Extra $100 from Becky
The key to not going broke over Christmas and obviously planning ahead. For those of us who do not have the option of scooting out and getting a second job, there are some simpler options that will still generate cash. One idea I had recently (since my hubby works for the school system) is to start a After School Care option. As a former 9-5’er I know how frustrating it can be to have to work until 5:00 when your kids are done with school by 3:00. I am sure there are some daycare-like guidelines we need to check into, but I still think it’s a viable way to make extra cash in only a few hours days.
100 Ways to Earn $100 (or more!)
- Sell something you’d normally buy by becoming an independent sales representative. Examples: Avon, Mark Kay, Mia Bella, Tastefully Simple, etc.
- Rent booth space at your local flea market or farmers market and sell your ‘clutter’.
- Run errands for others: Grocery shopping, going to the post office, taking the car in for maintenance, doctors’ appointments, waiting for the cable guy, etc.
- Love painting, cooking, making jewelry, Facebook, bookkeeping? Teach a class. Reach out and share what you enjoy and love by teaching others. Share your passions.
- Childcare: Part-time, full-time, night-time, day-time, weekends. Everyone needs a little help now and again with the kids.
- Pet-sitting: If you love animals, taking care of someone’s family pet(s) while they are away or on vacation may be just the thing to make a little extra cash.
- Holiday and house decorating: If you have a flair for decorating and love making your home beautiful you may be able to sell your services and help others to do the same.
- Sell big ticket items on Craigslist (games, electronics, exercise equipment)
- Event organizer: Love people? Love parties? Love organizing? Love to bring people together to celebrate? Event organizing could by your ticket to a few extra bucks (or a new career or business).
- Have a guest room? Rent it out.
- Professional shopper and gift purchasing: People are super busy today. If you enjoy shopping and love people, you can offer your services to shop for and get that special gift for someone. Include specialty gift wrapping as part of your service and delivery if needed.
- eBay : Selling both new and used products through the highly popular online auction site eBay can earn you $100 or more depending on how much time you invest into learning the ins-and-outs.
- Seasonal rental home cleaning service: There are areas of the country that have seasonal rental home at the beach, in the mountains, etc. These homes need cleaning between daily or weekly renters and need to be checked on during the off season.
- Virtual assistant: You can do data entry, make travel arrangements, type reports, prepare presentations, etc. Just about anything you may have done in the past as a clerical worker, office manager, personal assistant or executive secretary can now be done virtually using online services, email and phone. You can have one or more clients and offer one or more services depending on the client’s needs. You can offer monthly services or one-time project assistance.
What ideas do you have for earning extra Jingle in Your Pocket this holiday season?