I love holiday gift giving. But as a parent I sometimes find myself holding my breath, praying we don’t get a toy that will end up raising Mom and Dad’s blood pressure 5 or 6 points.
Not that I am ungrateful..oh heavens no. I appreciate and understand “it’s the thought that counts.” However, I can however promise my “thoughts” won’t be too warm and fuzzy after you’ve given my 4-year-old-chronically-messy child a bucket of Moon Sand as a Christmas Gift.
Mama no likes gritty bedsheets. #EpicGiftFail
Then there was the year we got the Ginormous Mondo-Humungo Pack-o-Play Dough. Ah yes…I remember it well and still have flashbacks to evenings on hand and knew scraping colored goo off the tiled floor. At least that crap dries out. Moon Sand? Not-so-much.
So to save your name being uttered angrily the breath of a frustrated parent, here are 6 things I personally suggest you should never buy OPK..unless of course you have their permission…or will never see them again.
1. Anything will make ANY of us lose sleep at night. Scary movies, creepy clowns, freaky dolls. Those gifts will boomerang back at you so fast, it will make your head spin.
- Anything that eats, needs a bed, needs to be walked, or does bad things on the floor. I will include critters that swim in water or reside in a tank on this no-no list.
- Things that honk, beep, chatter, and wail at high volumes. We once got a dancing chicken that, when you pinch his wing, did some sort of Mexican Hat Dance at high volume. The real bummer is that he had NO off switch or volume control. After about a week, Crazy Chicken “got lost in the woods.”
- Anything that is not “age-appropriate.” If you give my 6-year-old a toy meant for the skill level of a High School Computer Nerd, I will hunt you down.
- Something that does not fit the personality of the child. This sounds petty, but honestly, if my kid is into art and science, an nut-cup for football is going to go over like a lead balloon.
- Weapons. Not a biggee in my household, but I do have a friend that doesn’t allow any sort of “play fighting” whatsoever. If I was to give her son numchucks and a toy rubberband gun?? AWKWARD.
- Things that involve NASA like Aeronautics skill to assemble.
What’s the craziest, most annoying toy your child ever received??
Want to be”DONE” with diapers?
Check out Becky Mansfield’s Potty Train in a Weekend-THIS BEST-SELLING BOOK HAS EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO POTTY-TRAIN YOUR CHILD IN 3 DAYS!
This ebook is a personal account of exactly what a mom (of four!) did that worked for her, her family and her friends. I just want to share it with you in hopes that you get the same outcome!
Potty Train in a Weekend is the only guide that you will ever need to potty train your child. Whatever method you choose, this eBook has more than 70 pages packed full of information that will be helpful to you and your child! Author Becky Mansfield even asked other Moms for their advice and input and she researched where they were having difficulties in potty-training and addressed those issues. Take the first step and ditch those diapers!