**The posts I write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.**
I came across this awesome idea for a Summer Blog Social at A Belle, A Bean, and a Chicago Dog.
I like any sort of social I can do from the comfort of my own home.
The idea is to network, share tips, and have fun!
I chose writing prompt ■If a real life friend approached you and said, “I want to start a blog. Can you give me a list of helpful tips?“, what 10 (or more) things would you tell your friend?
I run into this question alot in my everyday life because peeps in my world know I am a hardcore blogger. SO, here’s my “Top Ten Reasons You Should Be Blogging.”
10. This comment is from my My Blog is My Treehouse post, but also one of the reasons I blog: In my day life, I need to always measure what I say, proceed with caution, and diplomacy rules. My Treehouse gives me a place to laugh at myself, tell a good poop story, and be “raw and real” without repercussions of my daily life. Alter-ego? Maybe. A really kick-*ss alter ego 🙂
9. It’s really cool to use words like “she’s in my Tribe” or I’m working on a meme right now.
8. You get to tap into a world that is mind-blowingly cool, and become friends with people you may never meet.
7. The things you will learn! Oh.My.Goodness. I never went to college. That’s OK, I have a slew of amazing Smart Friends in my Tribe (there’s that word again) I can ask if I get stuck on anything from html to pet care basics.
6. You will never feel alone again. I wish, wish, wish I was in the Blogosphere 10 years ago when we were struggling with miscarriage and infertility. The isolation back then was almost unbearable. Now, I know of many people and places I can go to where other parents understand, know, and would have been able to make me feel not-so-alone.
5. Because you have lots to say and share.
4. Because you can help people (refer back to #5 and #6)
3. Because it’s also a great way to keep friends and family informed of your life without mailing “family happenings newsletters” every month.
2. It’s a great place to tell all the goofy stories your friends, coworkers, and family are sick of hearing (ok, that’s my reason)
1. It won’t cost you a stinkin thing. Basic blogging is dang near FREE. Sure, you can get all fancy and hire a designer blah, blah, blah..but you don’t need to. Just pick a domain name, and let ‘er rip!