**The posts I write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.**
Lately I have had a serious bout of Clean-it is, meaning; I am in the mood to clean, purge, dejunk and decrapify. Kinda like the need to nest…but without the baby bump or pickle-cravings. In the last few days I have moved mass mountains of empty cardboard boxes, unloading so many old file folders that my home office looked like Christmas in July… only it’s not July…..but it is Christmas….
As I sorted , stacked and make a “shred pile” in my humble little home office that I have called Command Central for the last three years, I encountered bits and pieces of my “past life.” Much of it was not happy memories (gawd knows why I was even keeping them} but there was just as many triumphs in the form of completed projects, book ideas and magazines that contained my published work. I was like a walk down memory lane and it gave me reason to reflect for a moment. From all the piles of “stuff” I have gathered these 11 Reminders that will Help Me Do My Best Work 2015.
- Cherish ALL victories, no matter how small or how long ago.
- Your past is called your past for a reason. If it makes you miserable, leave those memories there.
- Don’t forget your connections and work to keep them alive. As I sorted and purged I came across names of people who had helped me along the way, but I had dropped the ball on maintaining our friendship. Luckily, it’s very “fixable.”
- If you owe someone an apology that hasn’t been given yet-give it. NOW. Start your slate clean in 2015.
- Stuff is just stuff. It doesn’t define you, make you smart or stronger. If something (an item) doesn’t make your heart sing, give it the ol’ heave-ho.
- Have a theme song or a special saying that empowers you, comforts you and kicks you in the pants when you need it. Mine is from Winnie the Pooh; “Promise me you will always remember….You are braver than you believe, Stronger than you seem and Smarter than you think.” –Christopher Robbin
- Friends may come and go, but family is forever. Don’t blow them off or sell them short. Ever.
What are the handful of things you need to remember that will enable you to do Your Best Work in 2015?
Pssst! If you are looking for that THING…that TOOL to give you that EDGE you need in 2015, check out the 2015 Create Your Shining Year Life + Biz planners! FINALLY, a calendar I can get excited about! Grab yours HERE.